NoOp wrote:
On 06/23/2010 01:45 PM, Dotan Cohen wrote:
Hi all, I have a file with some lists that have custom bullet
characters (the Unicode gear character: ⚙). Often when I open the file
some or all of the bullets show as squares, but when I open the
Bullets properties I see that the gear is still there. Worse, cutting
then pasting the gear character back in place fixes the problem! But
then I save, close, reopen and some of the gears are missing again.

The file is attached. Note that in the sections with dates, the format
is a table and not a list. The last two sections are in fact lists.
Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
All the bullets are showing as ⚙ here. OOo 3.2.0 (ubuntu) and OOo 3.2.1
(standard) - both linux of course.

Perhaps you have a font problem?

Perhaps you could create a new paragraph style instead of using Default. While you have the Paragraph Style dialog open to define your custom paragraph style, define the Numbering style (choices: Lists 1 through 5 and Numbering 1 through 5) you want to use with this custom paragraph style. Close that dialog. Click the Numbering styles icon and modify the style you just chose in the Paragraph Style dialog so that the bullet used is the Unicode gear character. Close this dialog. Then use this custom paragraph style each time you want to use this bullet.

Dan
---