That makes sense, although if it is possible I don't know how. The best I can find is overstrike{R} which does a horizontal line. Perhaps someone else here might know for sure?

Mark.

+openoffice+mbourne+9e9f28eef1.inbetweenercom-openoffice#yahoo.com...@spamgourmet.com wrote:
Thanks for the quick response.

I'll try to clarify. "R" stands for any relation, not the set for reals.
It could be "S" or any other letter. See below:

x in y
x notin y

The difference between the two lines is that the last shows a slash over
the "in" (or "belongs"?) symbol. Similarly:

x=y
x<>y

The second line shows a "slashed" equal sign, which means "unequal".

I'd like the same effect:

xRy
x"not R"y

Of course, the last line doesn't work, but what I need a "slashed" R
between x and y.

Is it possible?

Thanks again.

<openoffice.mbou...@spamgourmet.com> escreveu na mensagem
+openoffice+mbourne+9e9f28eef1.inbetweenercom-openoffice#yahoo.com...@spamgourmet.com
wrote:
(...)

Not having access to MS software to check your examples, I'm not
entirely sure what you're after, but do any of these help?

(x,y) in setR
newline
newline
(x,y) notin setR