On 06/21/2010 01:55 AM, Jeffrey Needle wrote:
Hello.  Forgive me for my awkwardness.  I'm getting my feet firmly
planted in Linux right now.  I'm using Ubuntu 10.04.  I am also using
OpenOffice 3.2.

My question involves the database module.  I'm looking for a way to
create a macro (I think that's the way to do it) that will insert the
current date into a field.  I know there are keyboard macro programs
like Autokey, but it is not successful in inserting the date.  Instead,
it inserts a blank two-character field.  I've worked with the Autokey
people, but they can't seem to help.

I wondered if there was some way to do this in OpenOffice.

Thanks.
Yes, you can insert a date directly into a field using a macro....

This may help:

http://www.pitonyak.org/database/AndrewBase.odt

--
Andrew Pitonyak