I do expect, this question has been asked before, but cannot find it now.

I have a spreadsheet that has several columns of English text and ONE
column with German text.
The German spellchecking dictionary *IS* installed.

Wenn I try to run a spellcheck, Calc "naturally" assumes, that
everything is in English.
Unfortunately I could not yet figure out, how to tell Calc to use only
for column D the
German spellchecking dictionary.

Selecting the column and then Tools -> Language
does NOT allow to set the German dictionary.
Neither is this possible, when I try Format -> column etc.
It **IS** however possible to select the text within a particular cell,
then Format -> Character -> Language -> German

But since there are about 1500 such cells, I would prefer to do the
setting in "one sweep".

Is that possible?