Pat Hansen wrote:
While installing the OO1.9+, I mistakenly checked the boxes to have
OO take control of Word, Excel and Powerpoint docs.  Is this going to
cause problems?  When I did the flash for the installation, it said
to not check these boxes since it is not the final version. Please
respond to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Thanks. Kathy
Hansen

(SIIIIGH!!!) OOo did NOT take control of your M$O files. Windows now points to OOo as the default application to open them when you click on the filename in windows explorer. This distinction is important: Your files are unchanged until you save them as OOo files. You can still open these files readily from within the respective M$O applications.

If you think it's important enough, you can follow the procedure at
http://user-faq.openoffice.org/faq/ar01s04.html#FILE-ASSOCIATIONS
to have Windows point to the M$O applications again.

As you obviously have not read the FAQs or you would have known about this answer, why, in heaven's name, are you placing beta software in a production environment? Are you completely oblivious to the number of subtle things that can go awry that may cause you hours of anguish and cost hundreds if not thousands of dollars for recovery? Don't bother to answer, it's a rhetorical question.

Doug