Dear Larry and more:

As is well known, return receipts have their place, even if some don't want
to deal with them, yet have the capability on their own machines.

I believe every user has the right to use them as he/she sees fit, within
the limits of what the internet provides, and no other person has the right
to abrogate such use from anyone else.

However, as I previously posted, each recipient has the tools at their
disposal to deal with the requests they receive without any expectation on
the part of themselves or any others they might choose to persuade, to
abrogate the rights of any operator who chooses to use the option.

I see this as a case where the borders of "live and let live" have really
been set for all of us by the provisions of the internet and the existing
software as a whole, not by any smaller group.

Respectfully,

Bruce Martin.