On 07/23/2010 03:05 PM, Gregory Forster wrote:

> Yes, the overdone system is a relational database.  I  will need to import
> data
> from both dBASE and Access files. Yes it needs to be password protected.  And
> cannot find how to password protect a database file, Writer - yes, Base - No.
> I'm going to post this as a separate question because I am making the
> presentation tomorrow and need an answer ASAP!

I'd not recommend Base as the database. It's fine as a integrated office
suite database/database utility, but it's not a standalone relational
database & I'd not run a large corporation on it. Instead I'd emphasize
that Base can be used as a front-end to the database (MySQL etc). You
can't password protect Base files (see my reply to your "Base password"
post).