On 24/07/2010 17:43, Steve Smith wrote:
Hello,
I'm using OpenOffice3 and I get a "document file '' is locked for editing"
message
if I try to open a certain file. I've read to fix this one should rename ".
openoffice.org/3/user"
to "user.old" b/c the profile is corrupted.  When I tried this I did not see
any profile file.
Also that method did not fix the problem.  Is there something else I could
try to fix
this.

thx.,
henry

Henry

You do not tell us what operating system you are using. I am going to guess windows and you may have to use appropriate commands if it is linux or Apple

If you look in the folder (or directory) that you are editing the file then you will find another file with the same name as the file you are editing but with a prefix of .~.lock if you delete that file then you should be able to edit the file once more.

PLease let us know if this solves your problem.

Thanks

Rob