FAT32 shouldn't be a problem, but write support for NTFS might not be enabled. I don't use Ubuntu, so I can't give specifics, but there should be something that shows mounted drives & partitions which will list the file system type. I find that for USB drives that will be used with both Linux & Windows systems, FAT32 works fine. I also have some Linux only ones that are formated with ext2.

Steve Smith wrote:
Not sure. I just used what was already on it.