I do not know if this is a problem with Windows 7 or Open Office.
I have been using Open Office with Windows XP for years with
no problems.
I now have to change to a computer with Windows 7.
Open Office 3.2.1 installed correctly (I thought)
When I open the splash screen of Open Office -
Windows XP - opens in a Window titled OpenOffice.org
Windows 7 - opens in a Window titled my window (0)
Try to open another Splash Screen with the first one open
and the window OpenOffice.Org Document Recovery comes
up with nothing listed to be recovered.
When I save a file and give it a title a window comes up -
'Error Saving the Document ....name...General Error     OK"
Click OK to this and find that the file has in fact been saved
with the title I had given it but the title bar remains reading
'my window (0)' Open another saved file that I had received
the same error for and it opens titled 'my window (1)'
This problem has not been encountered before by
other Open Office users who have tried to help me.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled Open Office and
downloaded a new latest Java programme as someone
thought that may be the problem.
I have a few saved files in Word and Irfanview etc and
these all open with the correct file name in the title bar.
I have checked all the options I have for Open Office
on the XP and Windows 7 computers and they are both
the same.
As I often work with several Open Office files open at
the one time I want their titles to all appear instead of them
reading 'my window (0) - (1) (2) and so on.
Question is do other users think this is an Open Office
problem or a Windows 7 problem.
Any help would be appreciated as my old XP Computer is
getting very tired and slow.
meld...@gmail.com