     Sentence2.

  2. Paragraph2.

     Sentence1.
     Sentence2.

     Sentence3.

<manual-page-break>

  3. Paragraph3.

     Sentence1.

     Sentence2.  See paragraph numbered <ref-to-number-of-Paragraph2>.

I've tried selecting the 2. of Paragraph 2; however, that highlights *all* the numbers of the paragraphs. I went ahead and tried inserting
a cross-reference:Set Reference: with Name="second_para" then, after
that, tried replacing the <ref-to-number-of-Paragraph2> by inserting a cross-reference:Insert Reference with Name="second_para"; however, no number 2 appeared. Only a small shaded blank appeared.

How do I get the number 2 to appear where I inserted the "Insert Reference"?

TIA.

-Larry

Larry,

Not much to go on but have you checked View > Field Names?

If you can send me a copy of your file direct and I will see what I can find.

Andy