I have an excel file that I have converted to a calc file. It contains membership data: names, addresses, email addresses etc. There are no formulas.

I'd like to have this data in a table in an odt file. I do not know how to do this. If I do what seems reasonable: Select the part of the calc contents I want, copy and paste into the odt document, I get an image, as though I had made a screen shot. If I select and copy to a Thunderbird email message being composed, I get a table that I can copy, as a table on into a odt document. It seems reasonable that this should be possible directly.

Is this possible? If so how do I do it?

OO.org 3.2.1 Window XP SP 3 Sempron 2800+ (1.6 GHz) 1 GB RAM

David Teague