In news:37e83451-9693-4d5e-9c1c-c3dfa503a...@halblog.com,
Hal Vaughan <h...@halblog.com> typed:
> Forget it.
>
> For now he's not even getting email from this group and the
> one email I sent him obviously didn't get read, since he
> seems to expect ME to trace something for him -- and the
> text of my email made it clear we are volunteers, not
> employees.
>
> I'm waiting to see how he responds and if he's nice, I'll
> help him.  If he's a jerk, I'll insist he read my entire
> email before helping him.
>

> Hal
>
> On Aug 20, 2010, at 11:47 AM, Twayne wrote:
>
>> Earle,
>>
>> You likely may have been hoodwinked; go ahead and cancel
>> the credit card order ASAP. You purchased the software
>> from a place other than the entity that produces and makes
>> it avaiilable, OpenOffice.org. Do it quickly; once they
>> charge your credit card, it will take one more full
>> billing cycle before the refund can show up on your credit
>> card statement.
>>
>> At OpenOffice.org, the suite is avalable to download for
>> free. A CD can be purchased and mailed to you from
>> openoffice, but there is no KEY assocated with it.
>> You download it, install it, use it - anywhere you want on
>> as many machines as you want. Or you purchase the CD for a
>> nomnal fee to cover the cost of the CD and shipping, and
>> then you install it and use it as above. Your menton of
>> the "key" indicates you bought it elsewhere. There is no
>> "key" needed. You don't even need to register your
>> software although they like it if you do so they can tell
>>   how many people are using it and approximately where.
>> You can even join the product to help further its goals if
>> you wish. Go to www.openoffice.org for full details. But
>> kill that credit card purchase quickly and get it from
>> openoffice.org; then you know you'll have safe, reliable,
>> no-ads, clean software.
>>
>> I will not mess with challenge-response systems, so I hope
>> you spot this in your waitlist in time to save some money
>> from the bottom feeder (IMO) that sold it to you.
>>
>> HTH,
>>
>> Twayne`
>>

>> n news:92276.32210...@web63301.mail.re1.yahoo.com,
>> d...@mweb.com.na <etglo...@yahoo.com> typed:
>>> Dear ?
>>>
>>> I made a purchase yesterday 18 August of the latest open
>>> office suite by Visa credit card.  It card was billed  and
>>> I was directed to go to my yahoo mail box where a key
>>> would be sent.  Up until now there is no such key or any
>>> communication from open source.  I believe I was scammed.
>>>
>>> The Name on the purchase order is  earle taylor
>>> The email address indicated on the form is
>>> etglo...@yahoo.com
>>>
>>> Kindly revert with some instructions on how I can get
>>> access to the program. Failing which I will have to cancel
>>> the credit card transaction by tomorrow
>>>
>>> Thanks for your help
>>>
>>> Earle Taylor

He's reading them. You have to include his address that's all. He didn't say
so in hs response to me, but apparently he's checking his "waitlst". See the
post he replied to just after your post. He replied to that emal.  I suspect
too many responses, of the ones that do think to copy hiim, are being too
condescending to keep his attention. Plus most are not replying to him,
which has to be done in this case; they're rather talking around him and
complaining rather than trying to fiigure out what to do.

HTH,

Twayne`