On 8/21/2010 4:28 PM, NoOp wrote:
On 08/21/2010 03:35 AM, william drescher wrote:
I need to build a template with which I will merge form data.
This is for a OCR form so positioning the data is critical.

Last time I did this, 10 years ago, I was using WordPerfect that
permitted me to set line spacing by 0.01 % of the base amount and
to [advance to x.xx] horizontal spacing in .01 inches.

Perusing the style options, I can't find any way of positioning
fields with anything close to this precision.  I presume I am
looking in the wrong places (F11- styles).

Try experimenting with Format|Paragraph|Indents&Spacing|Line Spacing:
Proportional. That may be what you are looking for. Easiest way to test
is to enter a paragraph&  then modify to 90%, 80% etc.

You may find this forum thread useful:
<http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32753>

Thank you, with some experimentation that should take care of the line spacing issue. Any suggestions for the horizontal positioning? The form has about 150 items, which do not line up with each other and OO treats as individual paragraphs.

bill