On 2010-08-22 05:20 Vlastimil Ott wrote:
Dne neděle 22 Srpen 2010 08:46:19 Eustace napsal(a):
There are 4 or 5 documents that I often open in OOo. The way I do it is
open OOo 3, then File>  Recent Documents>, and then click the one I
want to open.

What would be better is if I could add icons/links to these documents on
the menu bar, after Help, preferably in the middle between Help and the
end of the bar. There is plenty of space there for 5 icons.

Is there a way, maybe an extension, to customize the menu bar in this way?

Eustace,

take a look at BookmarksMenu:

http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/bookmarksmenu

Thanks. This helps. It saves an extra click, and I can have the documents I need in order.

What I have done with the shortcuts menu of Firefox though is have about 40 bookmarks in the Bookmarks toolbar, represented with only an icon, right over there and easy to click. I hope someone will think of creating a similar toolbar for OOo, and give the user the option to add it in the empty space of the Menu toolbar.

emf

--
It ain't THAT, babe! - A radical reinterpretation
https://files.nyu.edu/emf202/public/bd/itaintmebabe.html