Hi Richard:

Well, you made it.  You appear to have succeeded in joining us.  In here you'll
meet a lot of friendly and very helpful people who can answer almost all your
questions Open Office.  And you may find that you, too, are in a position to
answer some of the questions which show up.

Just a couple of things:  a lot of the people in the list use text-only email,
either as their main email program or when they're on the move, and a
complicated message format with background and different typefaces and colours
will cause them problems.  We prefer plain messages or at best simple html
formatting in here.

Also it is the custom in the list - which I'm breaking now - to bottom-post or
to post your comments after the paragraph to which they refer.  This helps
those of us who only get a daily summary of the mailing list to follow the flow
of reason in the messages.  The reason I'm breaking that rule is because your
message formatting doesn't help that custom, which is another good reason why I
think most people would like you to send simpler messages.  My answer would
appear a l -o-n-g way down the page

But anyway, as I say, I'm sure everyone welcomes yet another member.  Hope you
get what you want out of membership.

//James