On 8/25/2010 2:06 PM, Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:
 On 25/08/2010 19:39, James Wilde wrote:
On Aug 25, 2010, at 19:31 , Johnny Rosenberg wrote:

2010/8/25 Gordon Burgess-Parker<gbpli...@gmail.com>:
  On 23/08/2010 18:16, sky.sales wrote:
1.       I've used MS Outlook as my MANAGER of documents in Word and
MSExcel. Will any or all of the OPENOFFICE.ORG programs work with MS
OUTLOOK?
Eh? Outlook is a PIM not a document filing system. As a long-time user of MS
Office to advanced level I cannot envisage how on earth you use a PIM as a
"Document Manager"...
Can the OP be referring to what I seem to remember is called the journal functionality of Outlook, whereby one can link documents of any Office type to different events, and, in effect, have a journal of every document created on a certain date. And I seem to remember that one can click on the journal entry and open the document. Perhaps this is what he means by managing his documents in Outlook.

He could be but that's an ACTIVITY manager where you manage documents, emails, appointments, telephone calls, notes etc on a per-Contact basis...

It does seem likely that this is what the OP is looking for, though. Doesn't really sound like a match with OOo (or probably for Thunderbird/Lightning, either). Does anybody here have experience with a FOSS replacement for that functionality?