I am building a bookkeeping system in BASE to replace the one I have been using which is a series of Calc spreadsheets.

I have my Bank details in tblBanks (Name of bank; branch number; address; etc) and individual account details in tblBankAccts (Bank_ID; Account name; Account number; etc)

In both tables I have the Primary Key ID set to 'Auto increment' and its type is INTEGER.

In tblBankAccts the ID field (and Primary Key) appears as <AutoField> and cannot be edited, which is correct..

However, in tblBanks I /can/ type something into the Primary Key ID field, even though it is set to Auto increment, and therefore should not be editable.

Why is this so?

Many thanks,

James