On 30/08/2010 17:27, John Kaufmann wrote:
Hi Tim,

I just wrote to you off-list, but will also reply here to tie up this thread:

In a message dated 2010.08.29 23:44 -0500, Tim Derflinger wrote:
John
I am new to this...Where do I find my Thunderbird.....

You don't have Thunderbird, which is an email client; you are using Windows LiveMail. The "attachments" you saw from KAMI were not really things he attached. As JBF hinted, they are just a parsing of the email itself, into the text (ATT00039.txt) and KAMI's PGP signature (signature.asc), by MS LiveMail or MS MimeOLE. Since JBF and I don't use either Live Mail or Vista we can't be sure, but I'm pretty sure that's where it comes from. Do you know or work with someone who knows Vista and Live Mail who can look at this?

John

Interestingly using TBird 3.2.1 on Windows 7 I see NO attachments at all - until I forward the message when the signature.asc file is seen. Receiving the message in Outlook 2007 the attachment is clearly visible.