As you are not subscribed, you may have missed this post.

Ain Vagula wrote:
N.Kahl wrote:

Hi,
#
I have just installed the LINUX-Version called SUSE 9.3, wich contasins
OO.2.0 . Is that really OO? When I tried to open former written
Documents with the extension .sxc I got problems, and the former
"Star-Office" Documents, which  I could edit with OO1.1 without any
problems are no longer possible to open anyhow. OO2.0 writes Documents
with totally new extensions instead. Is that according to the Idea of
open Software? Or have I got a bad copy?

The version that comes with original SUSE 9.3 was in early beta state, you
should upgrade to some of later milestones of OO.o from your-favourite-suse-mirror/projects/OpenOffice.org
Yes, in 2.0 file format is changed accordingly to idea of open software to
standardized OpenDocument format. Still, 2.0 reads and writes earlier
formats without problems, when you have problems, please upgrade your
application. Available milestones are also not final, so you can encounter
another problems, but not so much any more.

ain

Peter Kupfer -- Using OOo since 'OO4 -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Want to help? http://www.oooauthors.org
For OOo tips: http://openoffice.peschtra.com/ooo_tips_tricks.html
To order OOo: http://openoffice.peschtra.com/distro/ooo_distro.html