In news:8090ef5cdead45d0a2da352d6e6d0...@timpc,
Tim Derflinger <scarf...@hawaii.rr.com> typed:
> Still waiting for any answer on why downloading Open Office
> has interrupted my access to downloading
> attachments...docs..PPS...etc....Thanks, Tim

I'm no guru, but I've never experienced, nor have I ever heard of,
downloading Open Office doing that.

Neither the download, installation or running of OOo have anything to do
with that part of the operating sysem.

Your OS?
Your OO rev?
Machine Known free of viruses and malware?
   What  programs did you use to establish that you have no malware of any
kind?
>From where did you download OOo?
Have you installed it? Or just downloaded it?
   If you installed it, is it working OK?
Error Messages from OOo? What were they, precisely?
Anything else you can think of that might help.

The only single possblitity I can think of off the top of my head is that
during installation, you said "YES" when it asked if you wanted OO.o to take
over all relevant extensions?, but eve that shouldn't have had anythinig to
do with accessing attachment downloads.
   Provide more data; help others to help you.

HTH,

Twayne`