G. Roderick Singleton wrote:

Further, I said try as I did not have the time to look things up for you
when I guessed that this was something you could do for yourself as
SQLserver is just another RDBM.

That's fine, I appreciate that, the initial response suggested I had missed the answer, when in fact you were just suggesting I should look at the documentation (which I had done, but stupidly failed to mention - my bad)

I had researched as far as I could, getting nowhere, because I'm just a user hoping to extend my skills, So I asked if anyone had done it - which was my main question and it seems no-one has.

I've managed to get connected, but it doesn't work quite the way I expected. My experience level with MS SQL Server and ODBC drivers is such that I can't tell if it's OOo just being plain slow, crashing all the time and locking up my machine or my lack of knowledge, or some other bug.

still that's what lists are for aren't they? asking questions?

hey ho.

it's too hot and life's too short, if/when I've solved the problem I'll post it somewhere for the next guy.

;o)

--
http://wiki.workalone.co.uk
http://www.workalone.co.uk/ads.htm