I have seen previous discussions on this topic and can see that creating
OpenOffice to run on mobile phones with small screen real estate, memory and
processor speed is not particularly practical.

However, things move on.  Avaya (who I work for so forgive my bias) have
released a tablet android device called Flare (device can be seen on youtube)
that I feel would benefit having OpenOffice capabilities.

I am sure that larger android devices will become more common and so it could
be time to reconsider the platforms you support.