Hello William,

Am Fri, 17 Sep 2010 20:35:47 -0700 (PDT)
schrieb William Cantrell <williamkeycantr...@yahoo.com>:

> Dear Coorespondent:

> service using my Yahoo email address.  I have time Warner Cable as my
> ISP, but do not use any TW services other than connection.  When I
> click on the Open Office link to subscribe the MS Outlook Setup pops
> up.  I do not use MS Outlook at all, but tried to do the setup using
> the Yahoo address, got a fail.
>
> Is there a way to subscribe directly without MS Outlook?

I haven't tested this, so it might not work. But you could try to send
a message from your yahoo account to announce-subscr...@openoffice.org.
If it works, you should get a confirmation email that you have to reply
to (just hit the reply button and you're done). You will get then a
"welcome" message and then all the emails, that are being send to the
announce list.

HTH

Sigrid