Tony Carr wrote:
I'm using OpenOffice 3.2 and Windows 7 on an HP530 laptop.

Two small irritations have bugged me for most of a decade - maybe
there is a workaround?  Or maybe it's all Bill Gates' fault?

2:  When I click the Font-size drop-down tab, the menu only shows
LARGER font sizes.  So exactly half the time I have to laboriously
scroll up to find the size I want.  Why not have the menu put the
current font-size in the centre?  Then almost every desirable
font-size would be immediately visible.

I agree with #2! (I don't have much of an opinion about #1.) I also find this annoying (although mildly so), and would certainly prefer that the current font size is in the center of the drop-down list that is visible, not at the very top.