On 28/09/10 14:08, ri...@compuserve.com wrote:

Sir;

In the past I have sent an annual donation to keep open office alive. However there is a conspicuous lack of product support. Until I am able to receive an intelligent answer to the question "Please can someone tell me why the open office spell checker works intermittently?" I am no longer sending money to open office.

I have attempted several avenues of support all met with frustration as I was totally ignored or received well meaning but feckless support from amateurs.

I like your product and agree with most of the 'open source' ideals but am frustrated and disenchanted with the absence of any formal support. Open office is forcing me to fall back in using overpriced Microsoft products.

Please advise.

Two points. Open Office is FREE so unless YOU find a contractor to support you, then all you get are these "amateurs". (And pretty good most of them are). Secondly, as Open Office is now owned by Oracle, have you asked them whether they will enter into a paid-for support contract?