On 10/7/2010 4:01 PM, Mark Howe wrote:
I have attempted twice to install 3.2.1 and each time, after maybe an hour or 2
of grinding away, it says it was interrupted and did not modify anything.   It
may have actually done it and is waiting for me to restart.  Any way I can tell?

Mark W. Howe
San Juan Capistrano, CA
949-496-3453
949-525-3914 cell

"Phao Binh"  http://swcenter.fortlewis.edu/inventory/2008008.pdf

[Mark (markh...@cox.net) is not subscribed and probably will not see any responses unless directly copied.]

It sounds as if you may need a download manager to allow the download to complete. When that is done, you'll generally have an icon on your desktop to double-click for starting the installation process, guided by dialogs. The installation itself doesn't take very long, and there is no restart required, so that's not likely to be your problem here.

If that doesn't help, we'll need to know where you are downloading from (www.openoffice.org is the primary source), what operating system and version you have, and more specific information about what specific steps you are taking with what results.

BTW, please keep all discussion on the list (users@openoffice.org) so others
can help as needed.