On 13/10/10 13:34, anand warik wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> In spreadsheet Whenever i copy a long sentence & paste it in one cell
> instead of having every thing in one cell itself the sentence is split &
> pasted in number of rows. I want everything to remain in one cell. Also i

I can't reproduce that. However, I see that pasting multiple
/paragraphs/ from a Writer document will make entries into several rows
in the spreadsheet, one per paragraph. I can't find a way round that,
even 'paste special| unformatted text' doesn't help. It doesn't seem to
depend on the source of the text either (I tried pasting from gedit, as
I'm using ubuntu)

> want the complete sentence to be in several rows within that cell(not at the
> bottom of the cell in one complete sentence). will someone help?
>  Thank you for reading,

The appearance depends on a number of things - you might like to check
the action of Wrap Text Automatically under Format|Cells|Alignment, as
well as the row height setting (and column width, come to that).

--
Mike Scott
Harlow, Essex, England