On Oct 13, 2010, at 20:01 , Tanstaafl wrote:

> Totally normal. These can happen when there are temporary outages
> somewhere between you and their server when they are trying to send you
> a message.
>
> It could be indicative of a problem on your end if you are hosting your
> own email...

Thanks, Tanstaafl.  I stopped running my own mail server when I retired.  Let
the youngsters have a go, I say.  But in this case, the OOo server actually got
a message back from my ISP's server saying it was rejecting the mail.  It
wasn't an outage.  The relevant bit was:

<james.wi...@sunde-wilde.com>:
195.74.36.190 failed after I sent the message.
Remote host said: 550 5.7.1 Your message seems to be Spam and WILL NOT be
delivered. ID: b7b15530-cb25-11df-9a0c-005056a12c00

195.74.36.190 is my ISP's address, not mine btw.  It's not clear from the
format of the message.

//J