On 10/13/2010 9:52 AM, mike wrote:
I have Windows 7 on my pc and XP on my laptop. Neither will allow me to
download and install Open office upgrades claiming that the certificate is
invalid and cannot proceed. I am going to try a fresh install but I believe
mickeysoft is blocking you.

Mike
www.1rtr.net
www.mikekemble.com
www.secondworldwar.org.uk

[Mike (mike.kem...@gmail.com) is not subscribed and will probably not see any responses unless directly copied.]

As long as you are getting OOo from an official website (www.openoffice.org is the primary one) there should be no concern about the security of the download. I'm not sure what it takes to provide a valid "certificate" -- maybe the organization has to pay? Anyway, you should be fine with what you've already downloaded, telling the installation to proceed with the operation without having the valid certificate.