On 10/14/2010 11:50 AM, Charlie Hunter wrote:
Hi,
I just started using open office this week. On my old computer where I useed
microsoft, I could enter corrections on my students' work via track changes
through the 'Review' tab. There is no review tab visible to me on my system
now. I would be very grateful if you could tel me how I can edit students' work
using Openoffice on Windows 7.
Thanks.
Charlie

[Charlie, you may want to subscribe to either the users mailing list (users-subscribe-cwhunter1=hotmail....@openoffice.org) or its digest (users-digest-subscribe-cwhunter1=hotmail....@openoffice.org) so your messages go to the list without going through a human moderator, and you see responses even when you are not directly copied. The list itself is fairly high-traffic; the digest collects the messages over some period and sends a single, indexed and threaded message that includes the others as attachments.]

You'll find the relevant options under Edit > Changes. OOo and Office (at least presently) are interoperable on this if you use the Windows XP .doc formats for the files. I don't know what the situation is if you use .odt files, but there are other compatibility issues with the Office implementation of ODF formats.