Hello James,

On Friday 15 October 2010, 16:21, James Greenidge wrote:
> Greetings:
>
> I want to spare myself the tedium of re-doing the configurations of my
> Tiger eMac's OOo 3.2 to an older iBook running OOo 3.2 in MintPPC since
> OOo doesn't import config files. I can grab the Open Office standard.soc
> file out of Tiger readily enough, but where does Mint OOo store it? I
> see where it is there but it acts like a dummy file that doesn't change
> even time after I set up all kinds of test configs in OOo MintPPC to get
> it to show itself, especially with Writer's toolbar settings. Does OOo
> in MintPPC actually store its real configs someplace else?
>
> I'd much appreciate any hope! Thanks!

I have no idea about Tiger nor Mint. but I guess OpenOffice.org behaves the
same
as in other OSs like Linux and Win.
The user settings are stored in the user directory, and you can find where it
is going to Tools - Options - OpenOffice.org - Paths

See for example the AutoText entry, its path is

* on Linux: /home/ariel/.openoffice.org/3/user/autotext
this means all user configuration is stored in
/home/ariel/.openoffice.org/3/user/

* on Windows:
C:\Documents and Settings\ariel\Datos de programa\OpenOffice.org\3\user\autotext
this means all my user settings are on
C:\Documents and Settings\ariel\Datos de programa\OpenOffice.org\3\user\

Notice that both

/home/ariel/.openoffice.org
C:\Documents and Settings\ariel\Datos de programa

are hidden folders, in Mac it may be the same.

Writer's toolbar settings are under
/home/ariel/.openoffice.org/3/user/config/soffice.cfg/modules/swriter/toolbar/
path-to\OpenOffice.org\3\user\config\soffice.cfg\modules\swriter\toolbar\

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina