On 29/10/10 23:29, Phil Pinkerton wrote:
>  I found a way to do this using MS Excel 2007 and was looking for a way
> to do the same in OpenOffice Calc.
>
> Anyone had success with counting of cells of a particular color ?
>
> Phil

Nothing's new :-)  See
http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2741

where it suggests there's no easy way. But that page asks a pertinent
question - /why/ do you want to do this? Cell colours are surely not the
real issue of the problem you're solving - they ought (probably!) to be
derived from something more fundamental, which is what you could be
checking.

An old work colleague used to say, "if you want to go there, don't start
here," when people asked how to complete a half-solution to a problem.
Maybe a problem rethink is in order?

--
Mike Scott
Harlow, Essex, England