On 03/11/10 14:25, Phil Hibbs wrote:
> Personally, I'd be interested in having a composite document with Calc
> and Writer sheets in the same file. I'd like to have Calc cells
> directly referenced by Writer documents, without cross-document links
> that break easily. If an ODF document could have multiple tabs some of
> which are Calc sheets and some of which are Writer documents, that
> would be full of win. Unlikely to happen though.

And while we're at it, lose the distinction between Writer and Draw;
it's unnecessary. Beware low flying pigs.....

Actually, the distinction between 'spreadsheet', 'word processor' and
'drawing' is unnecessary and a thorough nuisance, I guess based on
practice born of historical necessity. Look at the inconsistent mess in
OOo where nominally similar/the same things are treated quite
differently (Calc and tables in Writer [/why/ do they have different
syntax?]; fields in Writer and Draw [Draw offers a most miserly subset];
graphics object treatment in Writer and Draw [just try aligning two
objects in Writer!!]; text frames in Write and Draw [I want to flow text
between frames in Draw.... yes, well :-{ ]...... I won't go on!)

I'd better find a nice parapet to duck behind..... :-}

--
Mike Scott
Harlow, Essex, England