It's possible that Fineprint may solve your problem.
http://www.fineprint.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Lewis [mailto:elderdanle...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, 8 November 2010 6:20 AM
To: users@openoffice.org
Cc: Maria de las Mercedes
Subject: Re: [users] printing a book

Maria de las Mercedes wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I am a Openoffice user since 2007. I have not been able to find how to
print a document in a book format. Could you help me please??? This is very
essential in my work.
> Thanks a lot.
>
> MarĂ­a de las Mercedes

      What you want to use is OpenOffice.org Writer. Specifically, you
need to use Master Document. First you need to get the Writer Guide v3.2
from this web page:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOo3_User_Guides/Chap
ters.
Chapter 13 discusses Master Documents that you can use to do what you
want with your document. However, the rest of the Writer Guide has
information you will likely need as well.

Dan