On 2010-11-26 06:26 Daniel Lewis wrote:
Eustace wrote:
Is there a way to set my own day of week abbreviation? Instead of Mon
Tue... I would rather have MO TU... -emf

Yes there is. You first need a spreadsheet open in OpenOffice.org. Then
open Help using the F1 key. Click the Index tab near the top. Enter
"sort lists" in the Search term box without the double quotes. Click the
Display button at the bottom. The instructions needed to create a new
list containing your day of the week abbreviations will appear on the
right side of the Help window.

Dan

OK. I have added SU,MO,TU,... in the Options - OpenOffice.org Calc - Sort Lists. If I write SU in a cell and drag it down, the rest of the items of the list will appear. But now I have a column with dates, that use 1999-12-31 Fri in the Format Cells - Numbers - Category:Date - Format field, with Format Code YYYY-MM-DD NN. How do I change this to 1999-12-31 FR?

I guess I could change the format of the dates column to YYYY-MM-DD, the add the double-letter date abbreviations on the next column, and then merge each 2 cells on each line. But then I would have to do it for each line, which is tiresome. Is there a way to expedite the process?

Ideally of course I would prefer for my abbreviations to appear in the Format Cells... - Numbers - Category:Date - Format dialog...

emf

--
It ain't THAT, babe! - A radical reinterpretation
https://files.nyu.edu/emf202/public/bd/itaintmebabe.html