Den 2010-12-10 19:39:44 skrev Douglas Hinds <douglas.hi...@gmail.com>:

OO's ability to create pdf files is a valuable asset.

However, the need frequently arises to convert pdf files to a
editable format.

I installed the extension OO offers for doing that but the results
were not adequate.

I no longer use Windows.  Can anyone suggest a Linux Application
(I'm running Mint - a version of Ubuntu) that would allow me to
convert PDF files to a format editable in OO?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

What kind of ”editing” do you frequently want to do? If it is simple things like filling in a PDF form (FDF), you can use Evince. I discovered that the other day by accident… I know that it didn't work in earlier versions, but now it does (I use Evince 2.32.0). You can fill in some fields, save the document, open it again and continue editing the fields. You still can not do that in Adobe Reader though.

--
Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg