On 12/13/10 7:28 PM, Daniel Lewis wrote:
If you are using the version of OOo provided by Mint, the preset parts of OOo are probably located within the /etc/ folder. That is not what you want. You mentioned three locations for the standard.soc file, but you did not mention where the third location was. If you look at my earlier reply, I mentioned a location: /home/.openoffice.org/. What I should have written /home/user/.openoffice.org/3/"user"/config/ as the folder containing the file you need. The "user" in the address is the name of the folder which contains all of your personal folders. For example, on my Linux box, my "user" name is dan. So, this file is located at /home/dan/.openoffice.org/3/user/config/. Another thing: the period in front of openoffice.org is used by Linux to identify a hidden folder or file. I'm not sure how you searched for the standard.soc file. Did you use the command line or something else. This might help some.

Dan

In the immortal words of Captain J.J. Adams "The damned thing's invisible!", I have you to thank for locating the files in question -- only visible in "show hidden files" mode! Like who'd ever know that, and Why?? Wouldn't it make it a heck of a lot easier (not that mucking around with CLI is anyway!) for the poor green user to transfer their personalized defaults and bio between OOo versions by keeping it out in the open? No wonder Billy isn't all that bothered that OOo exists! Anyway, thanks a mint for your input Dan and Merry Xmas!

Jim