On 12/19/2010 02:42 AM, Aphofis Scott wrote:
Clayton Thanks for the reply.

Indeed I have been very suspicious about possible Kernel Faults as I
know there are many many issues with the released X_64 Kernel.

I have maintained the suspicion that past and current Kernel Releases
never allocate sufficient Cache buffers despite how much RAM is
available. I have 8GIG and less than 30% is ever allocated to cache
buffers and the flush of dirty cache buggers is far far fat too
quick....I could go on....but what would a user know???

This has absolutely nothing at all to do with OOo and the issue you're experiencing.

Can you confirm that OOO really is a 64bit App??????

Ask on the openSUSE mailing list. The version of OOo you're using is not the one from the OOo website.... it is the one built by the openSUSE guys (and yes, if you've got a 74 bit openSUSE install, you've got a 64 bit OOo version). The fact it's 64 bit or 32 bit has exactly zero impact on the issue you're having. 32 bit apps run just fine in 64 bit Linux installs.

Anyway, please take this to the right place... the problem you're having is specific to openSUSE 11.3 and nothing at all to do with OOo.

C.
(I had the same problem with my openSUSE 11.3 install and resolved it as described in my first reply)
--
Clayton Cornell       ccorn...@openoffice.org
OpenOffice.org Documentation Project co-lead