Den 2011-01-05 11:37:12 skrev Sigrid Carrera <sigrid.carr...@googlemail.com>:

Hi,

2011/1/1 j art <jart7d...@gmail.com>:
?

Please write next time your question in the body of your mail. And
some sort of greeting would be nice too. :)

To answer your question:
As far as I know, OpenOffice.org cannot read MS Works files. If you
have a Works installation somewhere, you can open your files there and
safe in in .doc format. After doing this, you can read/edit the files
with OpenOffice.org.

Another possibility is, that you try the go-oo-version of
OpenOffice.org or LibreOffice. I think I saw somewhere, that those two
versions can read Works files - but I'm not 100 % sure about this.

Sigrid

Yes, this is correct. I have never tried it myself, but at least the Works files are in the list of file formats in Go-oo. If your operating system is some of the well known GNU/Linux distributions, like Ubuntu, OpenSUSE, Fedora and more, Go-oo is already installed (but it appears as ”OpenOffice.org”).

--
Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg