At 14:17 05/01/2011 +0530, Shabbir Shaikh wrote:
We have one ods file attached which has some problem, Please check and tell how to rectify the problem.

May I be bold and say that you are expecting a lot here? You shouldn't, I suggest, expect subscribers to a mailing list simply to take over when you have a problem.

There is no substitute for hard work.

Indeed. And there is no substitute for saying what the problem is, doing what you can with your problem file, and explaining what you did and what response you got, so that anyone trying to help doesn't have to repeat your work.

In fact, although your attached file has the .ods extension, it is not a valid OpenOffice (Calc) spreadsheet document file. So it is not surprising that OpenOffice is reluctant to open it. The file contents start as if it is a Portable Document Format (PDF) file, but it also contains what appears to be parts of a Microsoft Excel document file as well as what appears to be garbage.

The most likely explanation is that your disk drive has become corrupted, with the result that what appears to be your spreadsheet file is actually a mixture of parts of other files - perhaps even ones that you thought you had deleted. If this is so, the only solution is to go back to your most recent back-up copy of the spreadsheet document file and continue working from there. You will also want to run your system's disk checking software to sort out any other problems on the disk; there will almost certainly be some.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker