At 17:54 03/02/2011 -0800, John Jason Jordan wrote:
I do not wish to post the link publicly, but I just discovered on the internet an early version of a copyrighted book that I wrote in OOo. This file never left my computer.

I suspect you mean the .odt file that you attached to a submission to the Users list on Tuesday 24 March 2009. If so, it left your computer when you voluntarily sent it to the list.

I also need to find someone who can remove it.

I doubt you will. In any case, you would have to chase the (many?) other services which archive messages from the Users list.

I trust this helps.

Brian "Sherlock" Barker