On Tue, 2011-02-08 at 06:52 +0530, Pradeep Srinivas wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 Feb 2011 06:19:58 John Jason Jordan wrote:
> > On Tue, 08 Feb 2011 10:52:29 +1100
> >
> > Russell Butler <russ...@rj-il-butler.com> dijo:
> > >On 08/02/11 04:43, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> <<<SNIPPED>>>
> > >Just a suggestion, could you make a template with the language set to
> > >Spanish  and use that for when you want to do a whole new Spanish
> > >document?
> >
> > Thanks for the suggestion. That does make it a bit easier when the
> > entire document will be in Spanish. But I still need sometimes to write
> > different sections of the same document in different languages, so I
> > still need to be able to get to the Spanish dictionary setting in an
> > English document.
> >
> > I still think something is messed up. Either that or the OOo user
> > interface is hopeless. I can't believe you have to go into Tools >
> > Options to change a document, and then you can change only the entire
> > document, not just parts of it. As international as OOo is, this just
> > can't be true.
>
> John Jason Jordan,
>
> This response below is presuming that the language is being changed
> on a per-paragraph basis (and not on a per word basis).
>
> Perhaps you could set up a style for just that portion of the
> document that uses Spanish ?  Press F11, bring up the Style Manager,
> choose "default", right click and choose "New Style".  In the
> Organizer box, put in a name that you identify with the Spanish
> style.  In the "Font" tab, under Language, choose Spanish; set other
> attributes (on other tabs) as required, and save the style.
>
> When you write the document (or need to change the language for a
> paragraph), apply different styles to choose different languages.
>
> I trust that this is of some use to you.  Please ignore if it does
> not value add.
>
> Pradeep Sinivas
> on 08 Feb 2011, Tuesday, IST (which is GMT +05:30)

     You can also use Character styles to write words in different
languages in the same paragraph. You can create custom character styles
to do this just like you can create custom paragraph styles for various
languages.
     If you are not well versed with styles, I recommend you get the
chapters on styles in the Writer Guide:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOo3_User_Guides

Dan