Everyone,

I am trying to print some *.doc files from the command line with
openoffice 3.1.1 000310m19 (Build:9420) on centos 5.5 using cups as the
print server.

I can open the file from the command line with open office and then
print it manually from the gui, but when I open the file and print from
command line I am not getting anything.

The commands that I have used are the following :

/usr/bin/openoffice.org -pt lpt4 /mnt/lp/document.doc
-terminate_after_init

/usr/bin/openoffice.org -pt lpt4 -p /mnt/lp/document.doc
-terminate_after_init

/usr/bin/openoffice.org -headless -pt lpt4 -p /mnt/lp/document.doc
-terminate_after_init

/usr/bin/openoffice.org -headless -pt lpt4 -p /mnt/lp/document.doc
-terminate_after_init

In each of these cases the command line finishes back to the "#" prompt,
but nothing prints on lpt4.  Has anyone tried to use the command line
options for openoffice and have the syntax as to how it works.

I tried to create a macro and use it from the command line as well.

openoffice.org -invisible /mnt/lp/document.doc
"macro:///Standard.Module1.print_lpt4"

The above command starts openoffice in the gui; this command
automatically prints the document to lpt4 and openoffice remains open
until it is closed by the user.

openoffice.org -invisible /mnt/lp/document.doc
"macro:///Standard.Module1.print_lpt4" -terminate_after_init

The above command executes but nothing happens on the printer and the
command line prompt is returned.

The closest I have come to success is :
openoffice.org  -minimized -headless document.doc
macro:///Standard.Module1.print_lpt4
macro:///Standard.Module1.end_of_print

However the above command requires the X11 to work and will not work in
a script in the background.

I had posted this request for help on the CentosUsers list at first but
was advised to bring the request here.

Is this problem a known bug?  Is there a work around for it?  I sure
need to be able to accomplish printing *.doc files from a perl script.

Thanks much for any assistance you can give me.

--
Greg Ennis
PoMec Corporation