On 2011/03/10 4:47 AM  Martine Egan wrote:
I have a brand new iMac and have downloaded OpenOffice, which resulted in 6
Download Icons on my Desktop, as follows:
Where did you download from. Only download from http://www.openoffice.org/
If you downloaded elsewhere, which I suspect, delete all the files and download from the official site. It will only give you one .dmg file.

This list is suspect
OOo_3.3.0_MacOS_x86_install_en-US.dmg
OOo_3.3.0_MacOS_x86_install_en-US.dmg.download
OOo_3.1.3_MacOS_x86_install_en-US.dmg
OOo_3.2.3_MacOS_x86_install_en-US.dmg
OOo_3.3.3_MacOS_x86_install_en-US.dmg
OOo_3.4.0_MacOS_x86_install_en-US.dmg
There is no OOo 3.3.3 or OOo 3.4.0 yet. There are development snapshots but they do not have the names listed.

Nothing on your website warned me about receiving 5 different download files -
is this to be expected?
No it is not to be expected

What do I do next, and in what order?
Delete all the files you downloaded and download from http://www.openoffice.org/

The current version is OOo_3.3.0_MacOS_x86_install_en-US.dmg

Larry
--
Larry I. Gusaas