On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 12:55 PM, FRED FUCHS <sandhil...@msn.com> wrote:

>  I apologize for sending this message here to everyone, but I've been
> trying for several days, and can't figure out any other way to do this.
>

> I'm changing email addresses and have tried to subscribe with the new email
> address at http://www.openoffice.org/mail_list.html, but nothing happens.
>

> So, I requested and received the user guide from sympa [
> sy...@openoffice.org].  I've tried several commands, but I'm obviously not
> doing it correctly, because they all fail.
>

> I think I should use SUBscribe <list> <name> in the subject?   However, I
> don't know what the correct list and name would be.  I'd like to receive
> the digest form.  What I receive now comes from
> users-requ...@openoffice.org.

Commands to Sympa are put in the body of the email. Send " LIS" to
sy...@openoffice.org and you'll get a list of email lists.
eg, To subscribe to the users list, send the following to
sy...@openoffice.org
sub users dottie

> Can someone please tell me how to subscribe to the digest version with my
> new address?

The following commands can then be put into the body of an email to
sy...@openoffice.org to alter your subscription once subscribed:

SET <list>|* DIGEST                 * Message reception in compilation mode
 SET <list|*> DIGESTPLAIN        * Message reception in compilation mode,
sent as a plain text email with all attachments

Please advise if you have any queries.

/paul