On 3/15/2011 7:37 AM, Lisa Dee wrote:
I have installed OpenOffice on my MacBook Pro as a favor to my employer. Now every document, regardless of file extension, is automatically launched through OpenOffice. How do I change OO so that it is NOT my default app?

Lisa Dee

You'll need to change the file association for each extension you don't want using OOo as its default. You may be able to right click on a file of such a type, choose Open With, and browse to the program you want as the default, selecting the option to always use this program. That's one way it works on Windows, but I'm not sure whether the Mac uses the same mechanism. If not, you'll need to look up the help for changing file associations.