On 3/26/2011 5:21 PM, Patricia Bluhm wrote:
I do not want to make a template.  I want to delete some files---in fact, at
lot of files.

Pat Bluhm

Pat, it's really not recommended that you introduce a new topic by "replying" to an unrelated one; that's called thread hijacking. Start with a new message to users@openoffice.org instead, giving it a descriptive subject.

For deleting files, you need to use whatever your operating system supports, which has nothing to do with OOo, of course. For example, in Windows, you can use Windows Explorer to find the files and delete them. If you're thinking about OOo in this context because you want to delete old OOo documents, say, you might find it helpful to sort by file type to make selecting lots of similar files easier, or use the operating system's search capability to find them with a search term like *.odt.