On 2/11/2008 4:04 PM, ROWENA NEWBERRY wrote:
I have a desktop icon for Openoffice installation files, have done the installation wizard, but don't know how to access the actual programmes, I just get lists and lists of file, what else do I need to do?
I completed the survey.

[Rowena (rowenanewbe...@btinternet.com) is not subscribed and will probably not see any responses unless directly copied.]

First, it would be good to set your computer clock -- it's more than three
years out of date!

If you have run the installation wizard, you should have a number of ways to access the programs. If you are using a Windows system, for example, you should have at least a folder in your Start menu that conatins icons for the various components, like Writer and Calc. Also, depending on what you did during installation, you may have a icon for the OOo Quickstarter in your system tray (bottom right of your screen) and/or a desktop icon for the applications, in addition to the one for the downloaded installer file.

If this doesn't get you going, please tell us what operating system and version you are using, what version of OOo you downloaded, and where you got the downloaded file if it wasn't www.openoffice.org or one of its official mirrors. In addition, if you changed anything from the defaults during installation, what changes did you make?