On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 1:50 AM, Brad Rogers <b...@fineby.me.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 08:09:22 -0700
> Britton Kerin <britton.ke...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Britton,
>
>>  But she claims never to have saved her changes to the impress document.
>
> That would be the problem, surely?  If she never saved changes, then
> they were never written out to disk.
>
> Or is there some step I'm missing?

Well, it wasn't only those few minutes changes that went away, it was
the entire thing
really.

I think incidentally that the Force Quit prompt she got was not OO's
fault, she's on
a pretty old Ubuntu box that has had its updates run for a long time because of
some failure that happens when that is tried, she says box has just gotten
slower and slower over time so a decent chance there is some malware involved.

My usual reservation about modern programs that like to stick everything in one
process applies though.

Britton